Sometimes technology can be one of the biggest barriers to employment faced by persons with disabilities. Thanks to The Worx, it doesn’t have to be that way anymore. Whether you simply need an internet connection or require the aid of text-to-speech technology to review postings on a job board, The Worx can provide all the access you need. Our extensive list of available services and technologies support a wide range of disabilities including:
- wheelchair accessible work stations.
- enlarged keyboards and hands free mice.
- voice-to-text and text-to-voice software.
- interactive white boards.
- magnifiers and sound enhancers.
- captioning, translation and interpretation services.
- text recognition software.
The Worx adheres to best practices in assistive technology and equipment to make Career, Employment and Information Services more accessible to you.
- Our Advisory Board of people with disabilities informs our use of assistive technology.
- We ensure that you receive a thorough orientation to everything the centre offers.
- The Worx team is fully trained on the use of assistive technology and equipment, and are available to assist you.
Contact our Career, Employment and Information Centre for more information!
915-33 Street NE, Calgary AB
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm