Job BoardPART TIME (.68 FTE) CHILD SUPPORT WORKER - CRISIS NURSERY
PART TIME (.68 FTE) CHILD SUPPORT WORKER - CRISIS NURSERY
The Children’s Cottage Society is a charitable agency established in Calgary in 1986. The Society’s mission is “Preventing harm and neglect to all children and building strong families through support services, respite programs, and crisis nurseries”. Our vision is to achieve “Safe Children in Healthy Families”.
Reporting to the Crisis Nursery Manager in consultation with the Team Leads, the Child Support role is responsible for day to day care and planning of activities according to the developmental needs of the children staying at the Crisis Nursery. Interacts with the parents daily by phone and when Family Support is not available, will complete admissions and discharges with the parents. This role ensures that files are completed and data has been entered on data base.
The Child Support Worker position participates in 12 and 8 hour shifts, a rotation of days, evenings and one awake night. This is a Part Time position.
- Interacting with Children
- Providing quality care for each child.
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Assisting children in their daily routines keeping in mind the child’s developmental stage.
- Assisting children to cope with feelings of separation from parents.
- Interacting with parents:
- Taking crisis nursery calls, offering non-judgemental assistance to all families pursuing help from the Children’s Cottage.
- Interviewing parents upon arrival in an empathetic and supportive manner when family support workers are not available.
- Record keeping
- Overseeing and assisting childcare volunteers as they provide care for children
- Diploma in the human service field.
- Minimum of one year experience working with children and their families.
- Current first aid/CPR/suicide intervention, aboriginal training, diversity training.
- Knowledge base in: solution focused conversation, community resources, skills in crisis intervention and basic problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient use of computers including ability to document using a database.
Application Deadline: Until successful candidate is recruited. We appreciate the interest of all applicants however will only contact those invited for an interview.
Please send a cover letter and resume quoting Competition #CNCSW-08/08/2017 to Janet Hettler, Manager, Crisis Nursery: firstname.lastname@example.org