Job BoardHead Brewmaster
Analog Brewing Company is a new craft brewing company, aiming to begin production in February, 2018. Our mission is to provide the customer with a world-class beer, the employee with a world class place of employment, and the community with a world class corporate citizen . We have a strong management and sales team with an experienced business, marketing and customer focus. All we need to complete the picture is a creative and dedicated Head Brewmaster to start work. We are looking for an experienced, mechanically inclined and motivated individual with a passion for producing exceptional craft beer. The main focus of this role as the Head Brewmaster would be to ensure that we maintain high standards of quality and consistency.The Head Brewmaster will be a hands-on position looking after all aspects of our manufacturing operations including brewing, cleaning, production scheduling, inventory management, equipment repairs/maintenance, packaging, quality control and safety monitoring.
Duties and responsibilities.
The list is by no means definitive but includes:
- Carry out brewing , and packaging
- Oversee and align brewing and packaging schedules to meet targets
- Operating brewing equipment and related control systems
- Ensure safety and quality standards are maintained as well as inventory management
- Cost control through minimizing waste and proactive management
- Employ proper operating, cleaning, and preventative maintenance procedures as well as ensuring standard operating procedures are met
- Maintain a flexible schedule including the ability to work evenings and weekends
- Prepare production, monthly inventory and quality assurance reports
- Be committed to the Analog Brewing Company brand and continuously work to improve our beer quality and operational efficiency
- Full-time with flexible hours; evening and weekend availability an asset.
- Competitive compensation and incentive structure to reward strong performance.
- We are looking for not just an employee, but a team-member to guide Analog Brewing Company through growth; there are opportunities for the successful candidate to participate in additional aspects of the business if desired. The Head Brewmaster will have input on all aspects of the brewery; we value your opinion!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Completion of post-secondary schooling in a brewing or related field (ex.Microbiology); able to provide a copy of a brewing certificate and/or minimum of 2 years of experience in the commercial brewing industry (10bbl or above) particularly in relation to the duties and responsibilities listed
- Trained and experienced in recipe formulation and refinement as well as packaging and canning knowledge
- A thorough understanding of effective quality management systems,experience in all aspects of sensory analysis and product perception
- Experience in developing and scaling beer recipes and basic laboratory skills including a good understanding of chemistry, biology and yeast metabolism,and bacterial fermentation
- Mechanical aptitude to provide general brewery equipment repair and troubleshooting
- Ability to follow operating procedures while carefully documenting and maintaining records
- Ability to multitask and flexible work schedule
Email your resume and a cover letter to Contact@AnalogBrewing.ca